…I have to do, too!
This is something that Beth (Lorna’s Laces) got from Jennie (Jennie The Potter), who got it from Dawn, and so on and so on and so on.
Now that we have that straight, if all goes well every human in cyberdom will be making 5 things for unknown folks and the lines at the post office will reach epic proportions. See, there’s an evil plot to this – and yet – I cannot resist…
The first five (cinq) (cinco) (5) people to respond to this post will get something made by me.
This offer does have some restrictions and limitations so please read carefully:
- I make no guarantees that you will like what I make. (No refunds… no exchanges!!!!)
- What I create will be just for you, with love from me.
- It’ll be done this calendar year (2009) and when you get it, you have to let me know it arrived.
- I will not give you any clue what it’s going to be. It will be something made in the real world and not something cyber. It may be weird or beautiful. I may even create something totally unbelievable and surprise you!! It will be handmade and may be any medium I choose. Who knows? Not you, that’s for sure!
- I reserve the right to do something knittish or crochetish or not – it may be just weird! I promise not to send you one of my kids.
- In return, you must post this text into a note/post of your own and make 5 things for the first 5 to respond to it. If you don’t, Beth will sic her large dogs on you, and Atticus will bark at you and lick your face.
- Send your mailing address to me at annie at modeknit dot com.
So let’s see what comes of this.
And the best part of this whole blog giveaway thing? It prompted me to read Jennie The Potter’s website (oy, how LONG has it been?) and I found out she’s going to have a BABY! In September! A VIRGO!
I sincerely hope she and the Mr. are prepared for a Virgo.
And, since she’ll be at Rhinebeck (as will I) perhaps I can be the relief baby sitter out in my old turf? I’ve been having Baby Lust in a big way, dreaming about another friend’s baby which is due in July, anticipating the playing and hugging (but not the midnight wakings…)
I’m SO happy for Jennie! It’s hard to think of a person who would be a more caring, creative and stellar mom – this is going to be one lucky baby, that’s for sure! And a VIRGO!
I’m slowly beating down this crud – the antibiotics were definitely needed, as was the prednisone, and I’m glad I’m taking it. I’m trying not to just stand in front of the open refrigerator grabbing anything that looks edible (which P’zone is wont to make me do) and if I feel remotely well enough I at least get on my bike to go down the alley and back. Good for the soul.
Last night my local knitting group was meeting nearby but I was just feeling tired, breathless, and knew I should be home and not out knitting with friends. I was sad. I was feeling so done in I didn’t get my monthly newsletter out as I usually do on the last night of the month, and just sat in bed getting some crochet done.
So imagine my surprise when Atticus began barking like a maniac, and a few friends from my group dropped by with baked gifts from Cafe Amore as a consolation prize for not being able to be there.
THANK YOU GUYS! You’re so sweet! And so was the cake!
All evening Gerry kept saying, “Those women were so nice – and so tall!”
Have I mentioned we live in Minnesota.
Here’s another glimpse at the crocheted baby blanket and hat I’m making. The hat’s a little over the top, n’est ce pas?